Monday, June 21, 2010

lesson learned


having family in town is always a treat for me. it's always nice to have more people in my everyday mix. this time around my auntie rina taught me a very important baking lesson: not all the best things are made from scratch!! I had heard of my aunts red velvet cake a year ago and how it was THE BEST RED VELVET EVER!! so, of course when they decided to come and visit i had to know how it was made! she unexpectedly told me that she used a box cake to make it! OMG! that's crazy! i am one who has always thought that baked goods are always better from scratch and that processed things like that are not nearly as good in any way. however, after learning how to make this amazing cake i could not agree more!! they were so moist and delicious, and the cream cheese frosting was light and "cream cheesy"! it made me sway back and forth(something i do when i have eaten something truly mind blowingly delicious!). i was so happy!


got to use the big cupcake tins!!!


OOOOOOOOOOO yum!



size difference between my cupcake tins^_^


thanks again auntie rina for teaching me a great lesson!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I use the red velvet cake mix too. It is quite good for cake mix!

lisa said...

ooo, maybe i will try that next!! my aunt used yellow cake mix from duncan hines and added red food coloring and cocoa powder:)