Saturday, October 8, 2011

Corie & Andrew got HITCHED...and some desserts^_~


CONGRATS again to my beautiful sister, Corie and her NEW husband Andrew on their marriage this past September!! As I had mentioned in my previous blog, The Great Cake Challenge, I was commissioned by my sister to make SEVEN cakes at the time! Luckily for me, and my sanity, she cut it back to two kinds of cake, NY style cheese cake and vegan chocolate. She also tacked on two type of cookies, per the grooms request, a lime glazed short bread, and per my sister's request, a Double Sexual Chocolate cookie (I think she just liked the name^_~). Here is how they all turned out...


I paired the NY style cheesecakes with my mom's and Andrew's mom's homemade jams. They were a perfect pair, the slightly tangy cheesecakes were topped with a sweetened vanilla sour cream and crystallized almonds along with the fruity jams of blueberry, blackberry, or strawberry!! YUMM-O!!!


The almond flavored chocolate frosting is always a great pairing with the rich chocolate vegan cake and was a BIG hit at the reception!!^_^ And the cookies, well there weren't any left at the end of the night so they must've loved them just as much as I do!! All in all a great night with food, family, fun and best of all DESSERTS!!^_^ Happy eating!!

No comments: