Saturday, November 5, 2011

Seattle...AGAIN & crossing bridges in Canada


The weekend of my birthday I was lucky enough to get to go and visit my friends up in Seattle and make a trip up to Canada that I have been planning for months now!! I have been wanting to go to the Capilano Suspension Bridge for FOREVER(trust me I had talked to my old workers about it for months)!!! I had seen it on one of those lists like "The 100 Most Amazing Sights to See Before You Die", and seeing as its a hop, skip and a jump away from my home, I thought "Why not go?!", and no reason popped into my head!! SO off I was another adventure through the great Northwest. Here are some pics from my trip!!

My girlfriend, Jerrica, made this awesome cake for me. I was so happy receive a cake, and knowing she made it made it even better!!


One of the places I had heard about for a while now was Paseo. It's a Caribbean restaurant that had the most amazing sandwiches..this is my sandwich, the Caribbean roast...mmmm, pork. Ok, drooling a little as I remember how amazingly awesome and succulent the meat and veggies were. Ahh, sandwich. Ok, sorry, getting back to my trip.


Also, while in town I got to visit a vegan restaurant my friend works at called Plum Bistro. I am not a vegan (I love meat with a passion) but, when my friend first told me that he worked here, I was very eager to try it. I was eight blocks eager, because that's how far I had to walk in the chilly Seattle air to get to Capitol Hill, where it is located.:-/ Not complaining, just stating facts;-) Anywho! The ambiance was very mellow and earthy, there were mossy planters hanging along the cement walls, the bar was a dark mahogany color, and even though a little small, it was very cozy. And then came the food...


To my left we have Spicy Cajun Mac 'n' Yease, this was absolutely the bomb dot com!! I couldn't even tell it was vegan, the spice, the gooey texture and the noodles, and the crunchy bread crumb topping...ok drool moment again!! And to my right we have an avocado roll, I can't really say too many good things about this one, it was pretty average to me, pales in comparison to the Mac 'n' Yease.


Next on the menu we had gluten free, Raw Tacos. These babies consisted of avocado, tomatoes, soy ricotta, spinach, cilantro, and fresh salsa. Again, I wasn't too preferential to these, partially because I was wondering if I would need to eat again later (I'm one of those people that can't just eat a salad or I know I will get hungry in an hour or so), that was until I got my burger...


The Crazy Jamaican Burger, YUMM-O!! This jerk tofu burger was paired with ripe plantains, frilled sweet onions, potato salad, and house vegan mayo!! And the shoe string fries definitely didn't hurt!! I was completely full and happy when I left! I don't know if I will visit this restaurant again, only because I love meat, but if you are a carnivore and want to test the herbivore waters, why not try Plum;-)


Finally, I made it to my bridge!! A successful and happy trip up to Canada!! Can't wait for my next adventure!!:-)


No comments: